Once upon a time a program named Akregator.
It was born in 2004.
But it didn’t evolute during 6-7 years. It was a bad thing for an kdepim application.
Long time ago I worked on akregator2 (a akregator based on akonadi) but it was never released and there is no future for it.
So for the next release (16.04) I decided to work on. (It needs some love)
The first problem was that it used khtml as primary render web engine, it’s a very obsolete engine. (Ok if you installed kdewebkitpart it was able to use qtwebkit, but it’s not all the time).
So I decide to port to QtWebKit directy.
First impression: it’s speed ! (and there is less crash).
Second step I moved all generated html code (which display info about rss) to grantlee, so now it’s more easy to refresh html code.
Next step is to clean up code, and add new features (I have some ideas, and bugs.kde.org has some idea too)
So I hope to finish all the clean up for 16.04.
I hope that you will happy to use it and you will report bug about it.